In November, 2016, Pakistan signed service level agreement with WIPO for establishment of TISCs network in the country. In the first phase, IPO Pakistan with the collaboration of Higher Education Commission of Pakistan has selected 27 institutes to house TISC. On 12-12-2017, universities, R & D Institutes, Public Ministry / Departments signed Institutional Agreement with IPO and HEC for establishment of TISC in their premises.
Services at TISC:
1. Access to online patent and non-patent (scientific and technical) resources and IP-related publications;
2. Assistance in searching and retrieving technology information;
3. Training in database search;
4. On-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement);
5. Monitoring technology and competitors;
6. Basic information on IP (Patent, Trademark, copyrights, designs) protection and registration;
7. To provide advice on Technology Transfer, commercialization and marketing.
TISC Host Institutes in Pakistan
1. National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Islamabad
2. COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad
3. Institute of Space Technology (IST), Islamabad
4. Riphah International University, Islamabad
5. Balochistan University of Information Technology & Management Sciences (BUITMS), Quetta
6. University of Balochistan, Quetta
7. University of Peshawar, Peshawar
8. University of Engineering & Technology (UET), Peshawar
9. Gomal University, Dera Ismail Khan
10. University of Haripur, Haripur
11. University of the Punjab, Lahore
12. Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS), Lahore
13. University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, (UVAS) Lahore
14. Lahore College for Women University (LCWU), Lahore
15. University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
16. University of Gujrat, Gujrat
17. Government College Women University (GCWU), Sialkot
18. University of Sargodha, Sargodha
19. Karachi University, Karachi
20. NED University of Engineering & Technology, Karachi
21. Agha Khan University, Karachi
22. DOW Medical University, Karachi
23. Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
R & D Institutes:
24. Pakistan Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (PCSIR), Islamabad
Public Sector Organizations:
25.Small and Medium Enterprises Development Authority (SMEDA),
26.Pakistan Scientific and Technological Information center (PASTIC), Islamabad.
Chamber of Commerce:
27. Sialkot Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI), Sailkot
ORE, Nov 27, 2018: A meeting was held be......
>KARACHI, Nov 9, 2018: Chairman, Intelle......
>KARACHI, Nov 9, 2018: During the two-da......