TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION SUPPORT CENTRE (TISC) PROGRAM
- It is run by WIPO.
- WIPO works with the Governments of member states to support establishment and operation of TISCs.
- It is designed to give innovators an easy access to locally based, high technology information and related services in order to strengthen the local technological base.
- It assist local users to create, protect, own and manage their IPRs.
- It allows users to benefit from an accessibility offered by internet searches.
- It helps in increasing technology transfer.
FOR WHOM THE TISCS ARE ESTABLISHED?
They are established in areas/institutes that are in easy approach to local users and their network can be spread throughout the National territory.
They are established for :-
- Individual Inventors
- Researchers in technology centers and universities
- IP Professionals
WHAT ARE THE COMPONENTS OF TISC PROGRAM AND WHICH SERVICES ARE PROVIDED UNDER IT?
- Access to online patent and non-patent (scientific and technical) resources and IP-related publications;
- Assistance in searching and retrieving technology information;
- Training in database search;
- On-demand searches (novelty, state-of-the-art and infringement);
- Monitoring technology and competitors;
- Basic information on industrial property laws, management and strategy, and technology commercialization and marketing.
COMPONENTS OF TISC PROGRAM:-
It has 5 Components:
- The first component deals with the facilitation of access to Patent Databases and other Science and Technology Resources.
- The second component deals with building skills of TISC staff through onsite training and distance learning courses.
- The third component deals with providing information and training materials/resource materials.
- The fourth component is extending support in Awareness Raising activities.
- The fifth component is sharing experiences and Best practices.
NATIONAL TISC NETWORK
HEC in collaboration with IPO-Pakistan and Ministry of Science and Technology has decided to seek WIPO Assistance in launch of National TISC Program. In this regard the Advertisement has been published in Newspapers on 19th July, 2016 inviting application for opening TISCs at their institute/ Ministry and universities. Once applications received, the TISCs will be opened in HEI s and other requested organizations leading to establishment of a National TISC Network.
TISC NETWORK SUSTAINABILITY
It will be ensured by :-
- By strengthening project planning
- By increasing reliance on training of trainers program to benefit from the multiplier effect at national level
- By continuing to support/reinforce existing TISC networks
- By delivering new online e-learning and networking services in collaboration with WIPO
- By supporting the provision of other value added services
NATIONAL NETWORK COOPERATION
Strengthening of national networks once established, through WIPO Assistance:
- Institutional agreements;
- Identification of needs/Need assessment;
- Provision of information resources;
- Training of human resources and capacity building;
- Dissemination of information products and services;